Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

I'm off to Patrice's for a Chat on the Farmhouse Porch.  It has taken me a long time to get there, because the roads are so bad.  First major snowstorm of the winter here in Utah.  The skiers are happy, but the commuters are less so.  .

1.  Please tell me the three most valuable things you learned as a child or young person.

That being a "drama queen" is annoying in a child, but it makes you a really great English as a Second Language teacher as an adult; that learning to navigate an argumentative supper table crowded with older siblings is a valuable skill for the future; that wearing black tights with black shoes will elongate the look of your legs.

2.  Do you participate in Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

NO!  NO!  A thousand time NO!  I hate to shop at all!  And I try to do as little gift exchanging as possible for Christmas.

3.  Do you pray?

No.  I'm an atheist.  Sometimes I wish I did, but I don't.

4.  Have you ever been invited to any parties to celebrate Christmas or New Year?

Yes!  I love parties!  I love attending them, and throwing them as well.  Last year, we went to an open house on Christmas Eve, had friends over for Christmas brunch and threw a party for New Years as well.

5.  Have you ever owned cowboy boots or a cowboy hat?  Or a cowboy?

No, to all of those (and a sigh of regret about the cowboy...)  I would like a pair of cowboy boots.  Maybe someday.

2 comments:

  1. Did you enjoy Santa Barbara, I will be there for the holidays with my Grandsons.

    ReplyDelete