Monday, August 26, 2013

Rip Van Winkel

I slept really well last night, honestly! 

Yet, after I dropped my son off at his middle school this morning, I was overcome by a nap attack - at 7:50 AM!  Geeze.  It was one of those things:  I thought, "Oh, I'll just recline my seat here in the parking lot for a couple of minutes and think about how I want to shape the rest of my day." 

Yea, right.  TWO HOURS LATER...

I slept deeply, flopped in the driver's seat of the Fiat. It's a distinctive car.  One easily recognized by one of my adult English as a Second Language students.  Hugo Perez is working on a construction project at my son's school, and was amusing himself by driving past my car in a giant backhoe and honking to try to wake me up.  He finally succeeded after a couple of hours.  I woke up with drool in the corners of my mouth, staring up through my windshield at Hugo staring down at me from high above, honking and laughing his ass off.  He pointed at me in a "neener-neener" kind of way, then pillowed his face on his hands as though sleeping, then sped away.

No comments:

Post a Comment