Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

Well, it sounds like it is cold over at Patrice's farm.  She has called an impromptu Thursday Chat on the Farmhouse Porch, so I will mosey on over there.

Did you make any New Years resolutions?

No.  I struggle with over-resolving.  I make resolutions every day.  I write down ridiculous numbers of goals.  I sit tweaking my planner for optimal daily achievement.  I beat myself up at least five times a day for not living up to my own expectations.  It's probably better if I don't do any more with resolutions.

Are your decorations still up?

No, it's part of my New Years Day ritual to take the tree down.

What did Santa bring you?

Well, one of my little Santas gave me new measuring cups and spoons; and another little Santa gave me a new (and bedazzled!) apron.  My big Santa gave me a pair of back country skis (we just have to acquire a set of Telemark bindings) and a STAND MIXER!  RED!  Are you seeing a culinary theme?  Oh, yeah!

Do you have any special plans for 2014?

Not yet.  But, life with Chuck being what it is, I'm sure there will be adventures!

Have you had any snow yet?

Yes a couple of feet, but not enough for the skiers who come here looking for the "Greatest Snow on Earth".  We haven't had any fresh snow for about three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment