Monday, November 7, 2011

Miasma

The Black Lagoon, in my kitchen.  A reeking swamp.  A rotting peat bog.  A sodden burial ground for the newly dead.  A petri dish.  My dishwasher.

I don't like dishwashers very much and don't use them.  I didn't ask for this one - it came in the apartment.  It takes up valuable space.  There could have been a cupboard there. A useful cupboard in which I could have stored my plastic containers and all their... hey! 

An empty dishwasher is the PERFECT place to put containers and lids!  YES!  Nice little pull-out racks and... uuuuuuhhhhhgggggg!  A reek so awful that it makes you think of French kissing a hippo.  Oh, my God:  how did this evil come to be among us?!?

I ran the dishwasher and left the door ajar so it would dry out in there. Two weeks later?  Orange-ish green slimy goo which smells like the fart of a creature that eats only dead fish.  I'm running it again, with Clorox.  If I don't prevail, something will breed and grow in there.  Something big enough to eat me.

2 comments:

  1. Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

    Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

    Thanks for share,
    * Rio Prasetyo *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

    Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

    Thanks for share,
    * Rio Prasetyo *

    ReplyDelete