Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thursday Thirteen

Time to play Thursday Thirteen!

How about thirteen things I am looking forward to about our Thanksgiving trip to Santa Barbara?

1.  Cheese popcorn and Diet Dr. Pepper:  my two road-trip treats.  It's a thirteen hour drive.  There has to be an incentive!

2.  Pumpkin pie.

3.  Having a long weekend with Chuck and without chores.

4.  Arriving at Chuck's parents' house and warming my back at their gas fire while having a cold beer.

5.  The four-mile turkey-trot that Chuck and his daughter and I will run on Thanksgiving morning.

6.  Walks on the beach!

7.  Surfing.  I'm taking my wet-suit.

8.  More pumpkin pie.  For breakfast!

9.  Having time to read my book.

10.  Visiting with my new in-laws, who are thinking about paying us a visit during the Christmas holidays.  We will have some plans to make!

11.  Rigging up the Hobie 16 and going for a sail.

12.  I will take my yarn, needles and my new "Knitting for Dummies" book and get a little expert advice from my MIL.

13.  I will do a photo blog while I am there.  Could be interesting.

Only a few more days!  And if I do all the things on that list, I will be seriously impressed with myself.



1 comment:

  1. It's so weird seeing you mention surfing and sailing for Thanksgiving when the temp here will be hovering right around freezing. At least it's not supposed to snow, LOL! My Make-A-Wish T13

    ReplyDelete