Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011

One of our students was working on this exercise the other night and passed a copy of the question sheets to me.  Yeah, OK.  I'll bite.

What as the happiest moment for you in 2011?
June 14.  The evening after I got home from the Girl Scout trip to California.  Chuck came over and rode my yellow beach cruiser to the grocery store with me perched on the handle bars.  I squeaked, "Have you ever done this before?!?"  "Yeah!  When I was eight!"

What was the saddest moment for you in 2011?
February 22.  Sitting with my two hysterical, sobbing children, telling them that Simon and I were splitting up.

What was the toughest thing for you in 2011?
Dealing with my fears and insecurities regarding my  new relationship:  confessing them; asking for help with them; trying to overcome them; failing sometimes and realizing that I needed to try again.  Love sucks when you feel like damaged goods.

What was the best movie you saw?
January 30.  The King's Speech

What was the best music for you?
Buena Vista Social Club

Best place you visited?
Well... I didn't get out much this year, but... I loved Santa Barbara. 

Best food you had?
Again, I could probably count the number of times I went out for a meal on one hand, but...  probably naan from Himalayan Kitchen.

The most useful thing you bought in 2011?  Hmmm... A toss-up:  my new Fiat?  Or a shower curtain?

The most expensive thing I bought?  Oh.  Well, the Fiat, hands down.

The best item of clothing (wow, there are a lot of shopping questions in this quiz)?  My fun green skirt that I bought in Morrow Bay.

What was the biggest waste of money in 2011?  Rent.  $864 every month, paid to a stranger and nothing to show for it.

Something I lost?  My reputation for personal integrity.  What did you think I was going to say?  An earring?

Do you have any regrets about 2011?  Oh, boy.  No.  I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I have no regrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment